Monday, June 23, 2008

People ask weird questions.


So, I have the most random questions asked of me whenever I am preparing to leave anywhere on my bike.
Since it is summer the most common one is, "aren't you hot with that helmet, leather pants, and jacket on?" My most common response tends to be, "well yes, but it is better than a really bad sunburn, roadrash, and brain damage."
The most interesting thing is that the questions that are thrown at me in the winter and/or when it is raining are basically the same, but with a slight twist. Mostly, "aren't you cold." "you know it is raining, right?"
I don't understand people, do they think motorcycles melt in the rain?
I mean seriously, I go skiing when it is below freezing, what makes you think 35 degrees on a motorcycle really makes much of a difference?
Overall it just comes down to ignorance. They just don't know any better.
Kind of like how non skiers don't understand the huge grin on your face when it is snowing in the city.
They just don't get it.

No comments: