Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Autumn is close

It hasn't reached 90 degrees since Sunday. Sure the trees still have all their leaves, the local kids just started school, and there isn't any snow on the mountains yet, but I can feel it. The time of the year where I am excited about skiing and riding at the same time. Winter is just around the corner, and Summer is a horrible memory in the past. No more sweltering hot days.
I can ride without dripping sweat.
Honestly riding in 95+ degree heat is not pleasant. Leather does not breathe that well, even mesh is hot. I tend to carry a half gallon of water on days when the temperatures soar to new heights.
Sure I can't ride as much in the winter because of snow...but, when it is 20 degrees and hasn't snowed in three days, you will see me. You will look at me as if I am insane. I am not insane, I am a motorcyclist.

2 comments:

irondad said...

Insanity, motorcyclist. Pretty similar. Riding is like a gateway drug, you know. Year round riders are addicts of the most intense sorts.

Yes, I do think I'm funny sometimes!

Kano said...

Well said and couldn't agree more with the "year rounder" riding philosophy!