Sunday, July 27, 2008

Greener Pastures

I looked at the weather for Portland, OR yesterday. It was a high of 75...here it was about 102.
The futbol league that I am playing in starts up again next Saturday after taking the month of July off. This should be interesting. We have been trying to get practice time in during our break, but it has just been so hot it is hard to get anyone to show up. Even I have only shown up to two of our scrimmages.
Oh well, it is all fun anyway, I just hope we can get a consistent group of players to show up. We have, I think, 21 guys who initially signed up, payed money, and said they were going to play. The most we have had show up to a game is 18, on average we have 14 or 15. It is really hard to play a good game, when you have different players at each match, with only about four to six consistent people.
I really don't understand it, why would you pay $225 and then not be there. One of the guys came to the first practice, payed for the season, and we haven't seen him since, and this was in April.
Well I digress...
peace

No comments: