Thursday, July 17, 2008

Road trip plans

It has been decided, the route has been tentatively set, and the date, is not set in stone.
My wife and I have decided to take it upon ourselves to do a 5500 mile road trip around the country. Departing from Portland Oregon, taking the coast route down to Los Angeles, east over to Tulsa Oklahoma, a side trip to New Orleans (hey what's another 1400 miles?) and then back to Portland, taking the northern route through Colorado, Montana, and Idaho.
I will be riding my 1990 Yamaha XV1100 Virago, she currently has a 1981 XV750 Virago, but not sure if she will be taking that bike, or if we will purchase something newer between now and then.
Our tentative time table is late spring of 2010, probably either April or May.
Here is our travel route, not exact, but a rough estimate.
You are probably wondering what brought this idea into my head.
Well, you can blame a friend of mine. She lives in Tulsa, I needed a reason to visit her.
Why would I want to fly, when I can take a four week long road trip on my motorcycle?
There you have it, if we don't do it now, it may never happen....

No comments: