Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Homesick...

I know it's been a while since I have written anything...life has been hectic, the summer was long and mostly rainy here in the northeast, and we are looking forward to Winter already. We have bought a house here in the state of Vermont. In the village of Essex Junction, just outside of Burlington. It is a 4 bedroom cape style home, with a nice size yard, in a nice neighborhood. Not too far from anything, but just far enough that the four colleges and universities in the area are not a bother.
I have mixed feeling about the whole thing right now. I am 3000 miles away from anything I know. My parents, long time friends, and the west...I look at pictures, and my heart is slightly saddened. I have never been truly homesick, but I believe this is what I am feeling. The western US and its' 10 states were my home for 28 years of my life. I would hear a story, and know I had been there. I miss how tightly held the dancers are there. Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Sac, PDX, Seattle, SLC, Denver, Phoenix...these were all just part of a larger group of friends. So far the dance scene here is disappointing at best, and disheartening at its' worst. As much as I complained about SLC, I truly was happy there...I just didn't know it until I was gone. Sure the drivers were a bit off, and the people were a bit wacky..but the snow was just like heaven, and the mountains were a sight to wake up to. Yes, I know there are "mountains" here also...I still just see them as the green hills..barely reaching the sky at 5,000 feet. SLC was at almost that height.
I have always known that I am able to be happy in just about any situation, and make the best of it. So, who knows what the future holds. Maybe UT will once again be graced with our presence on its' glorious fluffy slopes. Only time will tell.
But for now, I am homesick, and a bit lost...here's to hoping all is not lost.

-Tim...

No comments: