Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Snow

Yes, snow will be a constant and ongoing theme in my blog...Even in the off season. When it comes down to it, I only see the year as having two seasons. Ski season, and training for ski season. Ski season starts as early in the fall as possible, and if the weather cooperates runs through at least late April. Training for ski season starts as soon as the other ends, which includes a lot of high elevation hiking, lunges, running, cycling, etc...Having two dogs helps a lot...they need to go for long walks...which involve climbing a 5000 foot mountain in 4 hours..up and down. Mountain biking with them, and running. Also since I have become somewhat of a telemark skier, lots and lots of lunges at the gym.
The Wasatch mountain range in Utah has received over two feet of snow already...it is being used...I saw pictures...I am severely jealous...I am still waiting for the snow here...I am told it is coming..but I don't see it..as always, pray for snow...
peace

No comments: